Children can be treated privately for the following reasons:
- The patient does not qualify for NHS treatment.
- The treatment is wanted non extraction where we could offer alternative braces not available under the NHS.
- The patient does not want to wait on our waiting list.
- Cosmetic braces are required.
- All appointments are required to be outside of school hours.
Different types of braces are available:
- Cosmetic Fixed braces designed to camouflage the appearance of the brace. See www.invubraces.com
- Non extraction fixed braces. www.damonsystem.com
- Invisalign. www.invisalign.co.uk
- Lingual braces – are fixed on the inside surfaces of the teeth designed so the braces cannot be seen
Slenderising of teeth and expansion techniques are used to reduce the need for extractions.
Priority is given for early morning and late afternoon appointments. Out of school appointments are guaranteed if required.
Following an assessment and detailed examination, a written quote is given to confirm the treatment aims, the length of the treatment and the cost.
First consultation – £125
Conventional Braces (metal/ceramic) – from £1400
Self-ligating Braces (Damon) – from £1750
Fixed Lingual Braces (Incognito) – from £3000
Invisalign – from £1500
Fixed retainers (fitted post fixed braces; single arch; guaranteed for 1 year) – £150
Essix retainer (removable; single arch) – £100
Retainer reviews (after 1 year retention phase) – £60
Payments can be made by credit or debit cards. We accept Visa, Switch, Solo, and MasterCard. The fees include:
- All radiographs, plaster models and photographs required during treatment.
- All necessary appliances and retainers, whether fixed or removable.
- Instructions in appliance care, oral hygiene and dietary care.
- All adjustments to the appliances and professional care.
- Supervision of retention for a year after completion of active treatment to ensure the teeth stay in their corrected positions.
- Any unforeseen additional visits should the need arise.
- The repair of broken and damaged appliances.
- Laboratory costs.
The fees do not include:
- Any related work carried out by your dentist
- Supervision beyond one year of retention. The total duration of retention and follow up supervision cannot be predicted but review appointments at this stage are infrequent. A visit by visit fee will be charged, currently £15
- The replacement of lost or severely damaged appliances
- The time wasted by appointments missed without prior cancellation
- Gum shields